[The following announcement is being sent on behalf of the
organizers of GreenNet 2010.]
Jerry Brown and Vinod Khosla to speak at Green:Net
Friends of OASIS click here to lock in
a 25% off discount.
-- April 29th San Francisco
From the entrepreneurs that make up the backbone of America's innovation economy to the leaders of
utilities to the investors that funded the Internet revolution, our speakers at
Green:Net 2010 will be focused on one thing: how the Internet and IT can be
leveraged to save the planet. At the same time, attendees will learn how to
create huge new technology markets and spearhead the green economy.
We are proud to welcome 2010 California Gubernatorial candidate Jerry Brown and
leading technology and Greentech investor Vinod Khosla as speakers to Green:Net
2010. Join them on April 29th in San
What is Green:Net?
Green:Net is where green and IT meet. While alternative energy
gets a lot of attention at most green conferences, only the The GigaOM
Network’s Green:Net offers a specific point of view on how the computing
and Internet technologies will provide the tools needed to fight climate
change. Don't miss the green
conference for the Internet industry.
To preserve our future, we have to reduce emissions and energy in the most
efficient way possible. To that end, we need to measure, make use of and share
an unprecedented amount of data -- tasks for which the computers and networks
that form the global fabric of the Internet and communication networks are
ideally suited. Following a sold-out first-year event, we're proud to once
again be gathering together the brightest minds, ideas and entrepreneurs for
Green:Net 2010. There, attendees will find out what new opportunities -- from
web sites and smart networked vehicles to green data centers and smart energy
grids -- are being created by the tech elite.
Green:Net 2010 speakers include:
- Jerry Brown, California Attorney General and
- Vinod Khosla, Founder, Khosla Ventures
- Bill Gross, CEO and Founder of Idealab
- Steve Jurvetson, Managing Director at Draper
- Bill Weihl, Google’s Green Energy Czar
- Jason Few, President of Reliant Energy
- Dian Grueneich, Commissioner for the California Public
- Laura Ipsen, SVP and GM, Smart Grid, Cisco
- Eric Dresselhuys, EVP, Silver
Among the topics that will be covered:
- So the Smart Grid Will Be Huge, Now What? -
Who are the innovators, and what software and network technologies will
usher in the next generation of the power grid?
- The New Networked Car - Is the next major
mobile technology platform for green applications your car?
- Carbon Policy Is Coming, and Software Is Gonna
Save You - Will we see the emergence of new software giants in this space?
- How the Internet Giants Are Moving Into Energy
- Google and Microsoft have slowly moved into offering energy services --
what's the attraction and what are their plans?
- Switching Atoms for Bits: The Web and
Dematerialization - Did you know that one Kindle can deliver, on average,
an estimated savings of 168 kg of CO2 per year?
- Dot-com Investors Turn to Cleantech - Get a
map of the opportunities and the funds chasing deals at this session.
And much, much more. For the latest listing of speakers
and topics visit our Green:Net 2010 web site:
April 29, 2010
San Francisco, CA
25% discount for friends of OASIS! Use code OASIS at checkout.
instantly from *|LIST:NAME|* or contact
The GigaOM Network, 217 2nd Street, Floor 4, San Francisco, CA