announce message

Subject: Introducing the Big Data and Standards Forum

What role can standards play in big data? How will big data impact
current privacy and access control standards? What needs to happen?
When and where do we start?

These are some of the questions we hope to address in the Big Data and
Standards Forum, a new, open LinkedIn Group hosted by OASIS. The
Forum's goal is to advance an online, public dialogue about the
challenges big data poses and how standards fit. We want to
collectively explore possibilities, provoke new thinking, probe
differences of opinion, cut through the hype, and inspire informed
actions.

All perspectives are welcome and needed in this
conversation--government, industrial research, vendors, academia,
corporate customers, and consumers. We hope you will become part of
the Group and share your thoughts or simply monitor the discussions
and weigh in when you're ready. The Forum is open and free for
everyone.

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Big-Data-Standards-Forum-4528591/about

With your participation, it's sure to be an interesting dialogue.

--
Carol Geyer
Senior Director of Communications and Development

OASIS | Advancing open standards for the information society
+1.781.425.5073 x209 (Office) | +1.941.284.0403 (Cell)
http://www.oasis-open.org

Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn:    http://linkd.in/OASISopen
Twitter:        http://twitter.com/OASISopen