Also included below:
July 9th Agenda:
- Roll Call, announce new members, and regrets.
Attendees: Farhad Patel, JoAnn Hackos, Scott Hudson, Greg Babb, Ray
Gallon, Sally Martir, Scott Simmons, Charles Cooper
- Regrets: Rhonda Truitt, Christine Perey, Steve Prideaux-Ghee
- Volunteer for minute taking this week: Scott Hudson
- News, stuff to share, questions for the committee, etc.
- upcoming meeting for OGC in Birmingham (Scott S.)
- STC presentation update Sally Martir (Charles Cooper and Ray Gallon)
- Others? MPEG ISO Workshop- Mix AR Reference Model Outreach Campaign? Christine Perey?
- Sub-teams- status, information sharing, requests for assistance:
- Glossary Sub-Team (Rhonda and Greg)
- Research Sub-Team (Farhad, Ray, Scott, and Greg)
- Ray contacted Avato. They will be making an AR proposal to the Spanish division of Volkswagen in the fall. Ray to follow their efforts if possible.
- Outreach Sub-Team (Scott)
- Liaisons- status, information sharing, requests for assistance:
- European Tech Com/ STC (Ray)
- May have platform at Tekom conference, opportunity to present
- Tekom is very open to collaborating
- OGC (Scott)
- Other AR Groups (Christine)
- Action status from prior weeks
- Memo - Joann suggested adding "what would be in their business interest" for participating. Need to add the "sales pitch" to those responsible for setting content strategy, rather than the CEOs. Service organizations might also be a big potential target
area. Marketing might have some interest to provide AR interaction with the dashboard (automotive). More and more folks are looking at online docs before talking to sales. (can they use it, will it work). AR might be more persuasive than PDF for this type
- Other business?
- Next Meeting: 23 July 2015
- Regrets: Scott Hudson
Thanks and best regards,
Comtech Services Inc.