arip message

Subject: Updated memo about why experts in AR should share their experience and knowledge with ARIP members

Hello team,
Here is the updated memo. I have tried to incorporate as much of the feedback as I could. Please review, we can discuss this further during the call tomorrow.

Hello <add recipient’s name here>,

I’m contacting you on behalf of the OASIS Augmented Reality in Information Products (ARIP) committee. Our committee’s long term goal is to develop an initial set of guidelines to allow technical communicators worldwide to adapt their existing work processes to begin delivery of AR-enriched content. In the interim, we are gathering best practices and lessons learned in this field.

We are approaching you because you are already using augmented reality in your workplace and have the skills and experience in developing AR enriched content. This makes you part of a very select group and we value your opinion. Would you be willing to lend us a small slice of your time and knowledge to discuss AR implementation in information products based on your experience?

Providing your time and knowledge will enhance the committee’s output which in turn will help increase the adoption of AR and give you a front row seat in the development of guidelines for AR in Information Products. On a professional level, knowing that you contributed to our best practices development will establish your status as one of the experts in this domain. On a personal level, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that your experience may help influence industry standards. Additionally, this will give you an opportunity to grow your network by meeting AR and technical communication professionals from across many different industries.

What is the Augmented Reality in Information Products (ARIP) technical committee?

The OASIS ARIP technical committee was established to define the introduction and implementation of augmented reality (AR) into information products by developing standards, specifications, and guidelines for all types of communicators. By raising awareness of the benefits offered by AR, the ARIP TC expects to increase the demand for, and availability of, AR-enabled products and services, resulting in a greater choice of tools and platforms.

What is OASIS?

OASIS (Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards) is a nonprofit consortium that drives the development, convergence and adoption of open standards for the global information society. It was founded in 1993 and it promotes industry consensus and produces worldwide standards for security, Internet of Things, cloud computing, energy, content technologies, emergency management, and other areas. OASIS open standards offer the potential to lower cost, stimulate innovation, grow global markets, and protect the right of free choice of technology.

For more information on OASIS please see:
https://www.oasis-open.org/
https://www.oasis-open.org/org/faq

We look forward to hearing about your experiences, please let me know a good time to contact you to discuss this further.

Thanks,
Farhad H. Patel
FUTUREWEI TECHNOLOGIES
5340 Legacy Drive, Suite 175, Plano, TX 75024
469-277-5859 (w) 214-335-5116 (c)
farhad.patel@huawei.com