1. Roll Call, announce new members, and regrets.
- Rhonda Truitt
- Charles Cooper
- Greg Babb
- Farhad Patel
- Scott Hudson
- Scott Simmons
- Joann Hackos
- Ray Gallon
- Sally Martir
2. Volunteer for minute taking
3. News, stuff to share, questions for the committee, etc.
- Greg found a new article from researchers in Austria that will take existing docs and convert to Augmented Reality. "Retargeting Technical Documentation to Augmented Reality".
Link in research section.
- Charles: castAR startup (http://castar.com/)
demo of AR for medical and interactive AR. Uses retro-reflective surfaces and wand.
4. Sub-teams- status, information sharing, requests for assistance:
A. Glossary Sub-Team (Rhonda and Greg)
- Greg/Rhonda: AR community and Mixed and AR glossaries compared and unified to produce a new glossary. Will try to produce 2-3 terms per week. Will also produce an ARIP style guide. Sally will edit the glossary. Glossary terms
to be posted via email thread and Word doc. Subject line: ARIP Glossary Term May need a governance model for when new terms are submitted.
B. Research Sub-Team (Farhad, Ray, Scott, and Greg)
- Farhad: not much traction in connecting with potential members/contacts Need separate mtg to try to come up with options (next week).
C. Outreach Sub-Team (Scott)
- Charles will be speaking at Intelligent Content conference and will mention ARIP TC.
- Farhad has an article that is almost ready for review Webinar on 15OCT2015
- Rhonda/Farhad presenting at CIDM Best Practices in September. Scott & Joann can support as needed.
- ACTION: SCOTT: Ask about setting up an ARIP table at CIDM Best Practices. RHONDA:
to look into potential materials that can be provided.
Liaisons- status, information sharing, requests for assistance:
- European Tech Comm / STC (Ray)
- OGC (Scott) - web conference (8a-12p UK time) Sep 17, but will report out on results of the summit to this committee. Info on public site.
- Other AR Groups (Christine)
6. Action status from prior weeks
7. Other business
- Next meeting in 2 weeks (10 Sept 2015). Rhonda throws down gauntlet about which subteam can have the most exciting progress.