OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

arip message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Amended - Minutes for Sept 24 2015 meeting

1. Roll Call and regrets.
-Rhonda Truitt
-Charles Cooper
-Christine Perey
-Scott Simmons
-Scott Hudson
-Farhad Patel
-Ray Gallon
2. News, stuff to share, questions for the committee, etc.
-Rhonda: We need to have project plans to meet our goals. Farhad and I will develop a project plan outlining our goals/sub-goals/prerequisites and how they match up with our sub-teams. We hope to share it with the team during our next meeting. 
-Rhonda: Some of the vendors that we spoke with at CIDM Best Practices Conference said that people showed an interest in AR but weren't quite there yet. Etteplan showed an AR demo and they also expressed interest in joining ARIP. 
-Christine: AREA is evaluating whether to participate in TC World in Stuttgart in Nov. Christine and Greg will try to evaluate interest for AR in technical communicators for 2016. TC World would be a good place to gauge interest in AR. 
4. Sub-teams status, information sharing, requests for assistance:
A. Glossary Sub-Team (Rhonda and Greg)
-Rhonda: Nothing to report on Glossary sub-team. 
-Christine: Focus on setting the stage for AR using mixed reality to make it more understandable.
B. Research Sub-Team (Farhad, Ray, Scott, and Greg) Held a sub-team meeting last week. Paul Davies will put together a list of his counterparts that we can reach out to. Ray also has access to 2 SAP contacts in Europe. Next sub-team meeting will be held in 2 weeks due to schedule conflicts.
C. Outreach Sub-Team (Scott)
-Publicized ARIP and AR at CIDM Best Practices Conference this week. 
-Rhonda held a demo jam presentation about AR in technical communication and also showed Huawei prototype.
-Scott arranged for a table to distribute handouts about ARIP and OASIS.
-Rhonda and Scott had a lunch and learn for AR at the CIDM conference. 
-Charles will be presenting 'Content Strategy in an Augmented Reality 
World' at LocWorld29 in Silicon Valley October 14-16, 2015 (http://locworld.com/)
-Farhad has submitted an article on AR to CIDM newsletter.
-Scott and Rhonda updating on AR article for CIDM newsletter. 
-Rhonda/Farhad presenting AR webinar on Oct 15.
-Farhad participating at TCUK next week, will have a room to display AR handouts to promote ARIP. 
5. Liaisons- status, information sharing, requests for assistance:
-Christine: There is an AR Community meeting in Seoul on Oct 6&7th.
-MPEG Meeting Oct 18-24 in Geneva
-OGC TC Meeting in Sydney Nov 30-Dec 3
-For future reference please check the upcoming events calendar here for standards bodies: http://www.perey.com/ARStandards/events/
and here for commercial events: http://thearea.org/events/
-Scott Simmons: The OCG AR Summit meeting had excellent attendance from a broad audience.
-Single comprehensive dataset for anyone's use; only restriction on the license is you cannot republish it.
-Use case on how to extend AR into maritime navigation.
-Two pilot projects have shown interest, one is for Smart Cities and one for IOT.
-Rhonda: Who is heading the pilots?
-Scott: OGC run the pilots, requirements have to come from funding agencies. 
6. Action status from prior weeks
7. Other business
8. Adjourn
-Next meeting in 2 weeks (Oct 8, 2015).
Farhad H. Patel
5340 Legacy Drive, Suite 175, Plano, TX 75024
469-277-5859 (w) 214-335-5116 (c)

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]