OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

arip message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: ARIP Bi-Weekly Meeting - October 22, 2015


1. Roll Call, announce new members, and regrets.

•Scott Simmons
•David Filip
•Sam Murley
•Charles Cooper
•Rhonda Truitt
•Sally Martir
•Farhad Patel
•Scott Hudson

•Joann Hackos
•Ray Gallon
•Christine Perey
•Stephen Prideaux-Ghee

2. Volunteer for minute taking
•Farhad Patel

3. News, stuff to share, questions for the committee, etc.
•Two new members joined ARIP TC. Welcome David Filip and Sam Murley. David is a Spokes Research Fellow at ADAPT Centre at Trinity College, Dublin and is involved in applied research and innovation projects in Content Management, Internationalization, and Localization areas. He is also associated with the OASIS XLIFF TC. Sam has been working with AR and wearable computing for the past 8 years primarily in the Industrial, Manufacturing and Department of Defense (DoD) industries. 
•Amazon recently filed a patent for AR glasses to specifically enhance the experience of streaming video: http://www.psfk.com/2015/10/amazon-augmented-reality-glasses-streaming-services.html
•ASUS could be working on its own version of Microsoft's HoloLens: http://www.businessinsider.com/asus-is-working-on-its-own-version-of-microsofts-hololens-2015-10
•Microsoft holding in-person events across the country to offer developers the opportunity to get a first-hand demo of the HoloLens and meet a member of their development team: https://www.hololensevents.com/Auth/Login
•Explore the possibility of listing ARIP TC  as a liaison on the XLIFF Object Model and Other Serializations (XLIFF OMOS) TC: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oasis-charter-discuss/email/archives/201510/msg00000.html
•Research SAE J2892 Graphics - Based Service Information standard that establishes standard graphical symbols and color conventions to communicate information via graphics-based documentation.

4. Sub-teams- status, information sharing, requests for assistance:

A. Glossary Sub-Team (Rhonda and Greg)
•Rhonda and Greg discussion: Should we limit ourselves only to AR or should we open ARIP up to folks from mixed reality and VR as well? 
•David: Will review our charter next week to see how it is worded. If we appear to change the scope of the TC then OASIS may not agree to include mixed and VR.
•The first release of the glossary will include basic or foundational elements that will mostly apply to technical communicators.     
•Rhonda will send out a seed question for TC members to come up with at least three terms to include in the glossary that are relevant to the technical communication community. 

B. Research Sub-Team (Farhad, Ray, Scott, and Greg)
•Prepare a list of questions for interviews with AR contacts. Here is an example question provided by Rhonda, “How do we measure the size of an AR project in terms of planning expenses. For example, it takes 4 hours to write one page of conceptual information. How would we quantify the time and effort spent on developing AR content” 
•We have two meetings set up to meet with contacts.
•Sam Murley is also a potential candidate since he has worked on AR projects.
•Farhad will talk to Sam offline to see if he’s interested in joining the Research sub-team.

C. Outreach Sub-Team (Scott)
•Added links to Farhad’s and Greg’s articles.
•Rhonda/Scott article will be in December issue of CIDM newsletter. 
•Scott to ask JoAnn if she can publicize ARIP at DITA Europe. 

5. Liaisons- status, information sharing, requests for assistance:
•Scott Simmons: Upcoming OGC technical committee meeting in Australia does not have an AR thread in it but the meeting after (Washington DC March 7-10) does have AR in it.

6. Action status
•David: Review ARIP charter to see how it is worded. If we appear to change the scope of the TC then OASIS may not agree to include mixed and VR.
•Farhad: Reach out to Sam about joining research sub-team.
•Rhonda: Send out email about seed terms for glossary. 
•Scott: Ask JoAnn JoAnn if she can publicize ARIP at DITA Europe

7. Other business
•Continued: Need to identify milestones and roadmap. Farhad and Rhonda to pull together an initial draft for review.

8. Adjourn
•Next meeting in 2 weeks (Nov 5 2015).

Thanks and best regards,
Farhad Patel

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]