arip message

Subject: ARIP Meeting Minutes – May 5, 2016

Attendees: Scott Hudson, Sally Martir, Ray Gallon, Farhad Patel

We had an abbreviated ARIP meeting this week due to lack of quorum. We discussed briefly the following topics:

-ARIP Glossary is up on the website for your review and feedback.
-Research sub team members are working on completing the research spreadsheet.
-Ray commented that we have collected some really interesting material during the interviews.
-Ray has authored a book called “Language of Technical Communications” due to be released on or before the STC conference (May 15 timeframe). Among other topics, it has essays on AR and 'Context Sensing' that ARIP team members will find very interesting.
-Sally shared the following links:
http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2016/05/03/meta-ar-glasses-john-werner-augmented-reality-in-boston/

http://m.nextgov.com/emerging-tech/2016/05/how-iot-and-augmented-reality-will-disrupt-federal-tech/128040/

Best Regards,