arip message

Subject: Fwd: [arip] ARIP Bi-Weekly Meeting Agenda for June 2, 2016

Hi all,

I took the AI in the last ARIP TC meeting to forward this suggestion I made in early June to the attention of the group after summer

Cheers and thanks for your consideration
dF

The relevant part of the forwarded message
===
I was talking briefly about a suggestion to make a small technical metadata standard in this committee just to get us rolling in terms of specific technical deliverables.
This could work along the lines of ITS 2.0 which is a W3C metadata standard for internationalization (my turf).
https://www.w3.org/TR/its20/

As a strawman example, just think about a simple boolean attribute ar="yes|no" that could be injected into existing XML vocabularies..

Again similarly as in ITS, you would not need to go manually through thousands of elements marking them ar="yes|no", you could set global rules to that effect
Look at the translate attribute in ITS as it defined locally and globally for XML and HTML
https://www.w3.org/TR/its20/#trans-datacat
===

Dr. David Filip
===========
OASIS XLIFF OMOS TC Chair
OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, Liaison Officer
Spokes Research Fellow
ADAPT Centre
KDEG, Trinity College Dublin

Hi all, we had a very intimate meeting today with just Farhad, Rhonda, and myself. (no quorum, so this might even act as informal minutes)

I was talking briefly about a suggestion to make a small technical metadata standard in this committee just to get us rolling in terms of specific technical deliverables.
This could work along the lines of ITS 2.0 which is a W3C metadata standard for internationalization (my turf).
https://www.w3.org/TR/its20/

As a strawman example, just think about a simple boolean attribute ar="yes|no" that could be injected into existing XML vocabularies..

Again similarly as in ITS, you would not need to go manually through thousands of elements marking them ar="yes|no", you could set global rules to that effect
Look at the translate attribute in ITS as it defined locally and globally for XML and HTML
https://www.w3.org/TR/its20/#trans-datacat

Just my two cents, when you get home from the AR Expo ;-)
Cheers and talk to you all in two weeks
dF

Dr. David Filip