arip message

Subject: RE: [arip] ARIP Bi-Weekly Meeting Agenda for June 2, 2016

Hi David,

I think this is a good suggestion but let’s table it for discussion during our next meeting. Preparing the draft ARIP guidelines should be our first priority and I’m concerned that adding the technical metadata standard might impact our ability to deliver the guidelines. But let’s discuss further and figure out how/when to get this done.

Best Regards,

Farhad H. Patel

FUTUREWEI TECHNOLOGIES

5340 Legacy Drive, Suite 175, Plano, TX 75024

469-277-5859 (w) 214-335-5116 (c)

farhad.patel@huawei.com

From: arip@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:arip@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of David Filip
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 4:12 AM
To: OASIS ARIP TC

Hi all,

I took the AI in the last ARIP TC meeting to forward this suggestion I made in early June to the attention of the group after summer

Cheers and thanks for your consideration

dF

The relevant part of the forwarded message

===

I was talking briefly about a suggestion to make a small technical metadata standard in this committee just to get us rolling in terms of specific technical deliverables.

This could work along the lines of ITS 2.0 which is a W3C metadata standard for internationalization (my turf).

As a strawman example, just think about a simple boolean attribute ar="yes|no" that could be injected into existing XML vocabularies..

Again similarly as in ITS, you would not need to go manually through thousands of elements marking them ar="yes|no", you could set global rules to that effect

Look at the translate attribute in ITS as it defined locally and globally for XML and HTML

===

Dr. David Filip

===========

OASIS XLIFF OMOS TC Chair

OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, Liaison Officer

Spokes Research Fellow

ADAPT Centre

KDEG, Trinity College Dublin

Hi all, we had a very intimate meeting today with just Farhad, Rhonda, and myself. (no quorum, so this might even act as informal minutes)

I was talking briefly about a suggestion to make a small technical metadata standard in this committee just to get us rolling in terms of specific technical deliverables.

This could work along the lines of ITS 2.0 which is a W3C metadata standard for internationalization (my turf).

As a strawman example, just think about a simple boolean attribute ar="yes|no" that could be injected into existing XML vocabularies..

Again similarly as in ITS, you would not need to go manually through thousands of elements marking them ar="yes|no", you could set global rules to that effect

Look at the translate attribute in ITS as it defined locally and globally for XML and HTML

Just my two cents, when you get home from the AR Expo ;-)

Cheers and talk to you all in two weeks

dF

Dr. David Filip