Subject: RE: [asap] wsrm issues

No, thanks for the explanation.  I thought you meant to use ASAP as a replacement for WSRM.  What you propose sounds reasonable.
-Keith
-----Original Message-----
From: John Fuller [mailto:jfuller@wernervas.com]
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 10:52 AM
To: Keith Swenson
Cc: asap@lists.oasis-open.org

Thanks for the feedback.

I agree that WS-Reliability should provide the Reliability Aspect and that the existing elements in the schema

be used for that purpose. I had no intention of suggesting existing WSRM elements be removed, only

that ASAP could be used with them to implement service instance status functionality when necessary.

Since the ReplyPattern supports Polling, WSRM needs to indicate how that pattern can be supported

(the driving example is a case where a firewall forces a one-way request scenario)

My thought was that rather than introduce the new StatusRequest and StatusResponse

headers as Sunil suggests to implement the Polling Reply Pattern,

that ASAP could be used with WSRM for that purpose.

(Synchronous and two-way reply/requests could continue to work without additional ASAP headers)

It looks like I may have misapplied the ASAP's schema, hence my request for help

mocking up messages using ASAP with WSRM to implement WSRM's Status request/response.

If using ASAP and WSRM together for that purpose is too heavyweight,

and Sunil's headers are preferrable, that's exactly the feedback I need

and I will stop pursuing the issue there.