Subject: Re: [asap] Three primary points of discussion

On Nov 3, 2003, at 7:23 AM, Keith Swenson wrote:

I think we can flesh out the goals a bit to make action items:

* Extract goals, update and get agreement with working group members.  This needs to be settled before we can move forward on the specification.

* We need a open source JSP based reference implementation for testing with.  The service should be a trivial one that simply delays a set number of seconds (e.g. 10 seconds) and then sends notification that it completed.  It does not need to be programmable.  In order to accomplish this, someone needs to write up a requirements specification that describes this scenario.

Likewise I'd like to develop an open-source C++ implementation at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/easyasap/
(likely similar to what I did for
http://sourceforge.net/projects/easywsrm/
)

* Need to get the XSD Validated

Given the existing specification for operations, is a WSDL document upcoming?

* Need a plan for a public demonstrations of implementations.  Get 4-5 commitments to implement a particular scenario with real process technology.  Let the analysts know ahead of time.  Let public and potential implementers know that analysts will be watching, and this might be a good opportunity to jion in the show.  Demonstrate interoperability across the Internet.  I realize it is early, but it will take 6 to 9 months to set up such a demo, so we need to get started.

-Keith Swenson