Subject: RE: [asap] Factory in ASAP

I already expressed my concerns about "Factory" concept. In all existing Web Services platforms that I am aware of the "Factory" is invisible for the WS developer and non of her/his concern at the time of development and deployment. I think we should step back and define a minimal scope of ASAP (as agreed at the last two conference calls). I doubt "factory" should make it there.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mayilraj Krishnan [mailto:mkrishna@cisco.com]
Sent: November 5, 2003 3:32 PM
To: Jeffrey Ricker; ASAP
Subject: [asap] Factory in ASAP

So far I have been thinking we need just only one factory for ASAP
implementation or
the implementation of services could be conveniently placed under one
logical ASAP factory.
I have two web services one is check inventory, shipping. Why do I need to
create
two ASAP factory? I think the ASAP pattern  is generic enough, it can just
have one factory.
[In terms of WSDL 1.2 we could map this to one ASAP (soap/transport
protocol) binding and one feature)]
Is that a right assumption?

Thanks
Mayilraj