Subject: Generic Factory in ASAP

Not to disturb the other thread, coming back to the original question of  having "Generic Factory" for ASAP.
I thought will forward whatever I sent to Keith Swenson,
so that TC members can chime in.

Regards
Mayilraj
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 09:40:44 -0800
To: Keith Swenson <KSwenson@fsw.fujitsu.com>
From: Mayilraj Krishnan <mkrishna@cisco.com>
Subject: RE: [asap] Factory in ASAP

Keith
Thank you for your nice email.
I am in agreement with your concept on "Resource Oriented Approach" for
asynchronous services.
We can come up with some tool to generate factory for each async service but I think WS developers should  not worry about developing factory for each service.
The main problem in the  factory pattern (similar to ASAP pattern) is,  factory returns the address for service instance.
Rather I would think consumer will use the address of the service instance (endpoint) and the factory
will be used at the infrastructure level (feature in WSDL 1.2).  Once the WSDL processor understands
the feature (will be defined with ASAP url), it knows how to interact with the generic factory and coordinate with the service.
I guess we should not be calling that entity as "Factory" but I could not think of alternate name.
At this point I am not sure this way features can be implemented or the intention of the features to do this kind of services.

Thanks
Mayilraj