Subject: Re: [asap] Discussion on state datatype

Jamie,

Everyone needs to take a serious look at Appendix B of the BCM
specifications.

This is about to become a public OASIS spec' - and it includes
very serious capabilities for state management - and much more.

This also transcends OCL with a simple XML approach to solving
this.  CEFACT tried OCL within UML - and its really not designed to do
B2B state management, auditing, threads and the feature set that
BCM is presenting as Linking and Switching - with XML.

Thanks, DW.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, February 29, 2004 11:58 PM

    There's also quite a bit of work on a taxonomy of availability states at our WSDM TC.  I am tempting to ping the co-chairs of that group in the hopes that they can hook you up with the right discussion thread in their "management" work.
    Keith, does that sound useful?  I bet there's some "re-usable" learning out there (although, at first glance, your extensible OCL-ish format is very attractive).  David, this would also hit ebXML I think -- not sure if at this stage those signals are being kept by BP or MSG, but somewhere, eh?   Cordially  Jamie