Subject: Re: [asap] WS Message Delivery

I agree.

I missed the Tuesday call because I was at an INFORMS conference, but while I was
there I proposed ASAP for optimization service instances, and there seemed to be some interest.

One thing some people brought up is that a lot of times you want to modify and
resolve a problem. Right now the best I could offer was WS-CAF's work,
but I argued that rather than stateful sessions, stateful service instances were
more scalable and addressable.

I think that if we could use wsdl to define operations for service instances,
that might help...

There was a discussion in WSDM last week about being able to generate
the complete WSDL component model from an endpoint reference,
perhaps by extending WS-Addressing to include a wsdl url
or just adopting a convention for urls so that a ?wsdl=... extension
returns the wsdl of interest.

At first glance, I thought WS-MessageDelivery might help with this
with the WSRef containing the relevant information.