asoat-discuss message

Subject: [Telecom-MS] scope discussion, ASOAT TC

All,

I am starting the charter discussion here for our first TC.
I would like to suggest to start the discussion in steps.

0. AGree on the TC name
1. AGree on scope and what is out of scope
2. Agree on targetted audience
3. Deliverables
4. IPR mode of the TC
5. List of co-proposers.
6- please suggest others if need be

I am attaching the lest feedback on the TC charter that was provided by Alactel-Lucent. Please note that the file has change bars enabled. The feedback from Michael Brener (ALU) is built on previous feedback on the charter fro Stephane (Oracle) and Lucia (CA).

Regarding TC name, so far we have 2 candidates
- Adopting SOA for Telecom (ASOAT)
- SOAforTelco – applying SOA to telco services (SOAFT)

For the discussion regarding SCope as provided by Michael Brener:

Too much empahsis is provided on technical solutions in the charter. There is a suggestions on re-focusing teh charter to see how Telco can compete in a Wb 2.0 environment.

Here I do agree with some part os the rmarks. The objectives is how to let telecom enable services that can return $$ abd be copeteitive in a Web 2.0 worls. But from my end, this traslates to some technical solutions and requirements and as such, we need to investigae the GAPS here. I agree that we should not only focus on WS* or SOA per say, but also include REST.

SO let us start the discussion on the scope first.

Regards
ABbie

SOALT-tc-charter-v1a-ALU.doc