asoat-discuss message

Subject: RE: [asoat-discuss] geti-july30-v1.doc

Hi Abbie,

  Sorry, but no; I would have needed to announce the charter last week (as we did IMI). However, you can have an informal gathering of interested participants (including potential recruits) and talk about the work the TC will be doing.

Mary

From: Abbie Barbir [mailto:abbieb@nortel.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 6:20 AM
To: asoat-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org; dee.schur@oasis-open.org; mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
Cc: drsecure@us.ibm.com; Amardeo Sarma; Takashi Egawa; Giordano, Michael (Michael)
Subject: [asoat-discuss] geti-july30-v1.doc

Dee, Mary

If we submit this charter by end of next week, can we still have our first F2F during the OASIS Forum in October???

All,

I have incorporated all the feed back that I have got so far in a clean version of the charter (Attached).

I have basically refocused the charter to reflect the comments that were received so far.

One consequence of this is that now we have a new suggested name for the TC (GETI).

I have also updated the IPR section to reflect the feedback that I have got from many possible co-proposes of the TC. The choice of RAND makes the TC capable of interacting with other SDO where Telecom Operators are active without worrying about the consequences of different IPR modes of operation that may prevent them from working with us. Simply said, RAND IPR mode makes our life easier when we deal with ITU-T, OMA, OMG and TM Forum.

The out of scope section, states that specific solutions are out of scope. The idea here is solutions will be investigated in appropriate TCs that can be created later in the Telecom MS, in OASIS or in the form of collaboration with other SDOs or other TCs in OASIS.

All, please provide feedback on this modified/updated charter ASAP so we can get the ball rolling in the right direction.

Regards

Abbie