autorepair message

Subject: [autorepair] Call for vote on document SC1-D2 (version 6 dated 10January 2003 )

Dear colleagues,
On 16 December 2002 I announced that document SC1-D2 had received a 'no'
vote by the Autorepair TC on the basis of the rules for voting according to
the OASIS procedures.
Subsequent discussions and consultations have led to a revision of document
SC1-D2 and, in advance of the next Autorepair TC to be held on 14 March 2003
in Brussels, document SC1-D2 titled "Autorepair  Requirements Specification"
(version 6 dated 10 January 2003) is now open for vote by the Autorepair TC.
I would like to stress once again that voting is limited to the acceptance
that document SC1-D2 expresses adequately the requirements of all parties in
the Autorepair TC. Voting in favour of the adoption of SC1-D2 by the
Autorepair TC does not imply the acceptance of any technical specification
or legislative measure based upon those requirements. Any obligation to
implement a specification based on the requirements will be dealt with
through initiatives to be formulated outside the scope of the Autorepair TC,
as explained in my note to the group dated 14 October 2002.
In order to help reach a consensus within the Autorepair TC it is not
sufficient to vote 'no' to the adoption of document SC1-D2 without giving a
full explanation for the reasons. It would be acceptable to register an
official abstention from the vote without giving a full explanation. It
would not be valid to vote 'no' to the adoption of document SC1-D2 for any
of the reasons that are specifically stated in sections 1 or 4 of document
SC1-D2 since these are either outside the scope or are to be resolved at a
later date.
The formal vote will be carried out in the Autorepair TC on 14 March 2003.
However, I would be most grateful if you would indicate the voting intention
of your organisation to me by e-mail by 6 March 2003 so that we can take
steps to resolve any problems before the formal vote on 14 March.
Document SC1-D2 version 6 is attached. Document SC1-D2 version 6.1 is a
'clean' copy of version 6.

best regards,

Paul Greening
 <<SC1-D2 Autorepair Requirements Specification v6.pdf>>  <<SC1-D2
Autorepair Requirements Specification v6-1.pdf>>
Automotive Unit of DG Enterprise
Rue d'Arlon 88, 2/49
B-1040 Brussels
tel: +32 2 295 9581