avdl message

Subject: AVDL Technical Committee Charter Meeting

Thank you for requesting to join the OASIS Application Vulnerability
Description Language (AVDL) Technical Committee (TC) – we are glad to have
you on board! AVDL was announced on May 14, in conjunction with the RSA
Conference. The development of a common language to describe application
vulnerabilities that will allow various application security products to
communicate with each other has been very well received. The AVDL proposal
has already received a lot of press coverage and industry interest.

The technical committee’s first meeting will be held via phone on May 15 at
4:00 p.m. EST. Call-in details are as follows.

CALL-IN NUMBER:	(309)495-0759
PARTICIPANT CODE:	2401682

The initial meeting is expected to last approximately 1 hour.  At this first
meeting we will focus on getting the TC organized and running.  An agenda is
below.

Time		Topic								Facilitator
4:00-4:05	Welcome							Heineman/Bialkowski
4:05-4:10	Role call							Heineman
4:10-4:20	Review of OASIS TC process and IPR Policy		OASIS Staff
4:20-4:45	Review and approve TC Charter				Heineman
4:45-4:50	Presentation and ratification of roles*		Heineman
4:50-5:00	Set meeting schedule					Heineman
5:00		Adjourn

*Roles to ratify are:
Co-Chairs	Kevin Heineman/Jan Bialkowski
Secretary	Kevin Heineman
Webmaster	Jan Bialkowski

I am also encouraging everyone to read through the initial AVDL materials
prior to our first TC meeting. These materials and recent press coverage are
available at http://www.avdl.org/AVDL_info.html. If you have any questions,
please feel free to contact me or Jan Bialkowski, AVDL co-chair and CTO at
NetContinuum.

Regards,

Kevin Heineman
AVDL Co-Chair and Vice President of Engineering
S.P.I. Dynamics, Inc.
Direct: 678.781.4830
kheineman@spidynamics.com

Jan Bialkowski