avdl message

Subject: results of AVDL voting; action required

AVDL TC:

The voting to approve the AVDL specification as an OASIS has just
concluded. There were sufficient affirmative votes to approve the
specification, but there was also one negative vote. The OASIS TC
Process requires that in this situation the TC decide how to handle to
the negative vote.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#standard (second to
last paragraph):

"If at the end of the voting period at least 15 percent of the voting
membership has voted to approve the proposed standard, then if no votes
have been cast to disapprove the proposed standard, it shall become an
OASIS Standard immediately following the end of the voting period.
However, if negative votes amounting to less than 15 percent of the
voting membership have been cast, the TC will be notified of the
negative votes, after which the TC shall have 30 days to take one of the
following actions by resolution: (a) request OASIS TC Administration to
approve the specification as submitted despite the negative votes; (b)
withdraw the submission entirely; or (c) submit an amended
specification, in which case the amended submission shall be considered
as if it were a new submission, except that information regarding
previous votes and any disposition of comments received in previous
votes shall accompany the amended submission."

The negative vote (and comment) was submitted by Fujitsu:

"We had to vote against to approve the specification at this point,
since we didn't get appropriate information regarding IPR from co-chairs
of the TC. We would like to make sure no one in the TC believe there is
any essential patent or patent application to implement this specification."

The AVDL TC must respond to me within 30 days to tell me which of the
above actions you wish to take.

-Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org