bcm message

Subject: RE: [bcm] Semantic Layers: Building out for business stakeholders

Laila,

Thank you for your vote of confidence.  I am glad to see more of our
community understand the need to be business centric!

Based on our insights and application of just about every EA method and tool
(Architect is the ONLY business of ICHnet.org), we have found that business
needs require different methods.  The same spec will not address both needs.
This is why we need different EA methods, representation and tools to
support the many views of an enterprise.

Our govt sponsors have asked one of the EA working groups we support to come
up with some type of layout of all the entire life cycle requirements
process and identify the various EA methods available to support each view.

I not sure how one would frame all of this.  There are many categories to
start with. But I think it would be worth while for us to inventory the
current market and see what exists before we go too far with our current
standards effort.  We may find some of what we are looking for already
exists!!!!

My 2 Cents.

john

John Weiler
ICH Architecture Resource Center
"From Architectures to Implementation Reality"
+1-703-768-0400 (ph)
+1-703-765-9295 (fx)
+1-800-733-6687 (toll free)
www.ICHnet.org <http://www.ICHnet.org>