bcm message

Subject: Agreement templates?

Here is a note on work that the EU is looking into.

DW

From:	"UN/CEFACT TMG UBAC Project Team", INTERNET:uncefact-tmg-ubac@listman.disa.org
To:	"UN/CEFACT TMG UBAC Project Team", INTERNET:uncefact-tmg-ubac@listman.disa.org

CC:	"Ake NILSON (E-mail)", INTERNET:agn@allagraf.com
	"Jafar Tall (E-mail)", INTERNET:Jafar@sbac.co.uk
	"Thomas J. Warner (E-mail)", INTERNET:thomas.warner@Boeing.com
	"Andy Zajaczkowski (E-mail)", INTERNET:AndyZ@raytheon.com
	"Darcy Hardwick Smith (E-mail)", INTERNET:darcy.h.smith@Boeing.com

Date:	9/12/2003  5:59 AM

RE:	RE: Reminder - UBAC Conf call

John et al,

This sounds interesting.  As you may be aware, the International Chamber of
Commerce (ICC) has experience with developing global model contracts that
provides a neutral self-regulatory framework for trading parties. Current
titles, and titles under development include:

ICC Model International Sale Contract;
ICC Model Commercial Agency Contract;
ICC Model Distributorship Contract (sole importer-distributor);
ICC Short Form Agency & Distributorship Model Contracts;
ICC Model International Franchising Contract;
ICC Model Occasional Intermediary Contract;
ICC Model Mergers and Acquisitions Contract I : Share Purchase Agreement;
ICC Model Mergers and Acquisitions Contract II : Business and Assets
Agreement;
ICC Model Turnkey Supply of an Industrial Plant Contract;
ICC Model Major Project Turnkey Contract;
ICC Model Selective Distributorship Contract;
ICC Model Technology Transfer Contract.

Indeed, if there is a market need for such ND agreement, ICC would be very
interested in developing it, and working with UN/CEFACT on these issues.

The ICC Commission on Commercial Law and Practice (CLP) will meet on
Wednesday 26 November 2003 at SITPRO in Oxford Street, London.  Among many
e-related issues on the agenda is David Marsh, Chair of UN/CEFACT's Legal
Group, who will present the work of the UN/CEFACT Legal Group and talk about
the legal issues surrounding the development of technical standards and the
intellectual property in those standards. This presentation is followed by
Ake Nilson, a key ICC member and Chairman of Allagraf Ltd. who will open the
discussion about how the world of EDI and XML standards and the associated
world of legal rules has evolved to where we are today - and how
organizations like UN/CEFACT and ICC fit in.

Maybe this meeting would be a good opportunity to also discuss this idea
about TPA and ND agreements?

Best,
Jonas

--
Jonas ASTRUP

Policy Manager
Commercial Law and Practice
Financial Services and Insurance
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law in E-commerce

International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
38 Cours Albert 1er
75008 Paris, France
tel: +33 1 49 53 28 26