bcm message

Subject: RE: [bcm] Business Rules Usage Case

hi dave,

this group is ron ross, the red book titled "The Business Rule Book" was his early adventure into rules (you reviewed it).  he is partnered with morariany "SP".  I have plugged in the "Organizing Business Plans, The Standard Model for Business Rule Motivation" in the business layer.  Appendix A of the paper is the implementation layer.

you got the ball.

mike

-----Original Message-----
From: David RR Webber - XML ebusiness [mailto:Gnosis_@compuserve.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 8:38 AM
To: BCM OASIS
Subject: [bcm] Business Rules Usage Case

Team,

I just found these this morning.

http://www.businessrulesforum.com/business_rules_forum.htm

and http://www.businessrulesgroup.org/first_paper/br01c0.htm

This looks perfect for Choice Points!

It can exercise the complete functionality, facts assertion,
linking and switching, events handling, and of course rules
and outcomes.

I'd like to adopt this as our usage case and start analyzing the
components and dissecting the requirements so we can
effectively architect the solution using BCM and OASIS specifications.

A few of us have signed up for the choice point sub-team - but
I suggest that we run this activity in the main group here - and
only do the syntax stuff over in the choice point SC once we have
the overall roadmap done first.

Thoughts / Comments?

Thanks, DW