bcm message

Subject: Re: [bcm] Brochure Draft; An opporunity to put into practice the BCM process

Sally,

Thanks for capturing this.  I agree - this is significant and we need to
say it somewhere near the top of both the brochure and the tri-fold.

Looks like you have this very close here - and so I presuming we
can review content in the next revisions of tri-fold and brochure
accordingly.

Thanks, DW
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 12:48 PM

John's email brings up a point I believe is not adequately addressed in the brochure/trifold material we are working on. That is that BCM is under the aegis of OASIS. A standards organization that stands for neutrality and is working the interoperability issue at many levels and perspectives.

Technology has provided the capability to do what has previously been not possible. Now a strategic business focus needs to be applied--that's what BCM provides, including the roadmaps and tools. And BCM developers, as part of the OASIS organization rely on other standards and tools (many developed within OASIS) to provide

  • a concept to implementation approach,
  • refinements that reflect additional advancements within the standards CoI,
  • neutrality to enable organizations/industries to see patterns, and reach across their traditional boundaries and to provide basis for vendors/consultant to build solutions

There are already individual firms/organizations that are proposing much of the BCM approach. Providing an environment that is minimally biased is an impetus that government agencies, companies, etc need to take the riskier steps associated with collaborating beyond their known/controllable universe.

I have been thinking about specific rewording re the material, but John's email prompts me to put forth the idea first. I'll go back to thinking about the wording.

Sally