bcm message

Subject: XForms open source toolkit for building EPR?

Team,

I think we may have found an XForm infrastructure to build EPR with!

I talked with the CTO today - and I'm seeing strong parallels with
Insurance industry and eGov applications
they have already built with this toolkit.

Now - they are using XML scripting - but how close that is to what we'd
want to make an OASIS spec'
from is another question.

But - since their system is now open source - it opens up interesting
possibilties to tailor it to an
eventual EPR delivery platform.

They are also interested in giving us a WebEx demo on our next
conference call on the 20th - my
sense is that could be of interest - if they can show some folder
functionality in XForms that
matches the sort of thing we are looking for.

Anyway - here's the details so far.  Notice the XForms editing is
standalone - while other parts
run inside the Eclipse environment.

DW
=================

Orbeon is pleased to announce the release of Orbeon Presentation Server
and Orbeon Studio as open source software under the LGPL license. The
projects are hosted on Sourceforge.net at:
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/orbeon. - Presentation Server 2.5.3
(formerly OXF Server), an MVC Framework purpose-built for creating
Composite Web applications using XML technologies such as XForms and
XSLT. Presentation Server includes a full-fledged XML pipelining engine
based around the XPL pipeline definition language. - Studio 0.5, an
Eclipse-based IDE for Presentation Server developers building composite
Web applications. We are also very excited to announce the creation of
the open source Orbeon Integration Suite (OIS) project, whose primary
goal is to provide enterprise-grade open source business integration
software for service-oriented architectures. The OIS project aims to
foster a community that creates and promotes modular, standards-based
open source software as a viable alternative to commercial offerings.
Development or integration of the following modules is planned: - XML
Server, a powerful XML processing server based on XML pipelines, XSLT,
XQuery, and XPath (currently at version 0.1). - BPEL Server, to
orchestrate long-running processes using Web Services and BPEL - ESB, to
provide a connection back-bone for routing information between loosely
coupled services. Further information on the project is available on the
Orbeon Web site at: http://www.orbeon.com/software/ -Omar
-- Omar Tazi, CEO otazi@orbeon.com 408.656.5354 (mobile) 650.938.3120
(office) www.orbeon.com