bcm message

Subject: Changes to Charter Statement, todays passcode, and other items!

Team,

first - 866.283.3879 The Passcode #77003

not sure this passcode will still work today - recall Mike saying
something about new code for November...

Also - I have a 2pm present so I will miss today's call.

On the Charter front.  The OASIS Board is requiring that TC's adopt one
of 3 IPR policies.

None of these 3 specifically allow for open, non-IPR developments,
except in a backhanded
after the fact way.

So - I'm considering submitting a charter change - where we specifically
add to our charter that
work contributed to the TC is IPR-less and public and open.  Thus we'd
expect that participants
in joining our TC work were doing so on that basis, and not expecting to
be able to ask for
licenses and IPR agreements to use their contributions to our TC.

Perhaps some initial discuss today and feedback would be useful - and we
could then
draft something for our next meeting if everyone agrees this would be
useful.

Thanks, DW