bcm message

Subject: RE: Request for comments: BCM sub-committtee

Cyrille,

Thanks very much for taking the time to draft this.

I'm CC:ing the rest of the BCM TC now here.

We're a bit pre-occupied with the vote on the BCM  V1.0 - but I'm sure everyone will be excited to see the interest in our work and the potential here.

I will upload the docs when I get a chance to the BCM docs area - and then we can discuss more from there and obviously at our next conference call in April.

I think it is OK to mention KM - as it does clarify what the intent and focus is - and that is important.  We can also see potentially how the work of Professor Dodac and the Registry team on Semantics can fit here too.

 http://ebxmlforum.blogspot.com/2006/02/exploiting-ebxml-registry-semantic.html

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Request for comments: BCM sub-committtee
From: Cyrille Thilloy <cyrille@thilloy.com>
Date: Mon, March 27, 2006 11:08 am
To: David RR Webber <david@drrw.info>
Cc: "Paul S. Preuitt" <psp@ontologystream.com>

Hello David,

I am working with Dr. Paul S. Prueitt (with who you have been in communication recently) and would like submit you some documents regarding an eventual BCM sub-committee. The focus is on metrics/criteria of choice points in the context of an SOA initiative. I just posted a request for joining the BCM TC with that intent.

Included is a draft we have prepared for this sub-committee. Please have a look & comment. As well, I include two schemas to give you some ideas of the concepts. This is not fully formalized (and over simplified) on purpose and further information will be disclosed if you see any value to that.

Thanks,

Cyrille Thilloy.

Note: I am not sure that bringing explicitly the KM notion will really help; so you will see in the document that there is not reference to it (but it is totally implicit).