bcm message

Subject: Fitting BCM into the bigger landscape of B2B and EA?

Just want to mention that I'm setting up a site to recognize the five year anniversary of the ebXML work.

 http://ebxmlforum.net/5-years/

Obviously when it comes to the retrospectives - the BCM work itself came out of this same crucible - and the need to define something that is business-centric and extend beyond the CEFACT UMM / UML world to XML and an OASIS focus.

I'm thinking that as part of the release of the OASIS BCM specification - we can perhaps create a one pager that discusses the importance of BCM and its relationship to the OASIS stable of spec's for B2B?  I think actually we have the base material for that already in our executive overviews etc.

Then I can add a link to that material too.  This is an evolving story - so anyone wanting to contribute something on BCM - I'm happy to receive input around these ideas!

Thanks, DW