bcm message

Subject: Todays OASIS Boardmeeting:OASIS+EU+UN suporting eFolder engine work?

Hi Carol
Nice talking to you and hearing your very interesting and important review of yourself and standard body relations.
As we discussed education/simulation of agile/adaptive infostystems could be a new enabler in getting new no technical companies, Public agencies and other consulting agencies to join OASIS.

The critical point for our www.eprforum.org (not-for profit ) work is now to finance and make a neutral open source based eFolder engine based on what already has been made in jCAM so we can demonstrate and simulate agile service applications.

We need to start with an use-case to demonstrate the necessity of adaptive/agile service solutions.
The ITIL (ISO 20000) and service desk approach will be of great importance. Defining agile Service contracts (eContracts) by CPA and BPSS for the a FrontOffice and also use the product/Service ID's from UNSPSC (GS1) as eFolder references.

Still people have problems to understand and see the enormous potential of the OASIS mechanisms we are dealing with.

The TOSS-project could be a nice enabler, but we still need to wait for some EU-grants from our prepared EU application.
( It could be nice having a faster start-up)

May be you through OASIS or UNCEFACT could help us in finding some funding for the eFolder engine based on template processing specified on OASIS CAM (Content Assembly Mechanism and OASIS  BCM (Business Centric Methodology )?

This could also be a possible simulation and traning business for OASIS as well , making people understand how to utilize OASIS standards and training in using OASIS based tools for ebXML and Web services.

Attached is mail sent to other OASIS staff members and the slideshow I presented as an use case and that you got a paper copy of along with the status on OASIS BCM TC sub committee work.

Hope we can discuss and explore these possibilities in this direction !

Through my network I also have other governmental Norwegian work that might be a potensial ebXML based  OASIS standard as TransportXML initiative now getting into business in Norway this fall by www.TakeCargo.no but has international aspects.

PS!  Thanks to OASIS board member Mike DeNicola letting me introduce myself for the OASIS board of directors.

Best regards an OASIS enthusiast

Hans A. Kielland Aanesen
M.Sc. Informatics
Co-chair OASIS