bcm message

Subject: Transition to new IPR mode - discussion prelude to vote.

Team,

At the last TC teleconference - we discussed moving to the new IPR modes and specifically the RF (royality free) on limited terms.  We decide to discuss the options further on the list here - prior to making a formal Kavi vote.

The RF on LT appears to be the overwhelming choice of the majority of TCs already transitioning - and all indications from OASIS are that it is the best fit for the BCM prior work.

Does anyone have any other preferences / comments to us adopting this mode?

I would like to propose that - pending any objections - as TC secretary - I will open a formal 7 day ballot for us on this Friday - to run for 7+ days thru to the following Monday - and then we can ask OASIS to do a formal adoption ballot after that - assuming the motion passes.

Thanks, DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)