bcm message

Subject: BCM meeting July 14 01.00-2.00pm New York time

BCM Meeting Agenda July 14 01.00-2.00pm  New York time

From Skype: call to be a participant
                              Skype number:+99008275695640

Conference Room Number is : 5695640

Country Code Number Cell Phone?
US 1 605-475-8500 Yes
UK 44 0870 738 0760 Yes
Austria 43 0820 4000 1572 NA
Spain 34 0902 88 60 48 NA
Germany 49 01805 00 76 46 Yes
France 33 0826 100 275 Yes
Belgium 32 070 35 9987 Yes
Switzerland41   0848 560 152 Yes
Ireland 353 0818 270 032 No
Italy 39 0848 390 172 No
Netherlands31 0870 001 931 Yes

Don Martin's team of engineers from the Public Research Center Henri Tudor who have developed visual toolset that helps validate electronic message structures and content before beginning any IT development.

We would like to have a conference call with you in order to more precisely define what aspects of the toolset might be of value to you and your projects.

Please allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Don Martin and I am a product manager for the Public Research Center Henri Tudor.  I have recently been reviewing some of the work being done by your team and I believe that one of the e-transaction projects that we have developed might be of interest to your group.

       Basically, we have created a visual toolset for the planning, design and prototyping of electronic messages.  The primary use for this toolset is to help large organizations with complex messaging requirements validate electronic message structures and content before beginning any IT development. Our toolset was originally designed to help SWIFT with their complex message infrastructure but we have found that it has the most value in helping groups with diverse interests come to agreement on the sharing of electronic information.  Our toolset consists of two elements, an industrial strength UML modeling tool that a business analyst or consultant would use to model the entire message environment, and a message animator which allows users anywhere in the world (all that is needed is a web browser – no need to have all group members at the same table) to simulate -or play- the activity of various electronic messages just as if they were in a production environment.  The cost benefit is that you can have a fully accurate model validated by all parties before approaching IT for development and testing.  All of the modeling output is then stored in an UML/XML format for future reference.

Our toolset is an open source software project and our goal is to find different types of organizations who would consider applying our software and modeling expertise to a real world environment.  Since our toolset does not care about communication protocols or IT platforms we provide a unique way to foster agreement among different parties.  I feel strongly that this tool can help organizations leverage the full value of the work that is done by their electronic messaging/electronic message standards groups. Please see the below web site and FLASH demo for more information.  I realize that you are very busy, but if possible I would like to have a short call to discuss the needs of your working group and learn more about the BCM TC.

Project web site: http://efficient.citi.tudor.lu/   (click on EN at the right of the page for the English version if it does not automatically default)

1. MagicDraw  - when we first started the project we looked for an open source UML tool but couldn't find one that would give us the level of sophistication that we needed.  The plug-in that we created for the export of the UML activity and class diagrams is specifically built for MagicDraw so a license would be necessary.

2. IP/Licensing - our project was funded by local (Luxembourg) public research funds and the project itself was developed as an open source initiative.  That being said, we have not yet released the source code (it is in a beta version) and we are looking for partners who might be interested in helping us finish the project.  As we are a public research center, our interests lie more in new research and the practical demonstrations of our research results.

3.  Reference Ontology for Business Models - short answer is no, not really.  We have worked on this in the past but it was not incorporated into the toolset.

4. Library of Patterns - We have imported some components, but only a small subset. In fact we have imported some UBL and ebXML core components, as well as some patterns for dynamic aspects of UMM (in the form of activity diagrams).  The tool does provide some import capabilities (XMI import from MagicDrawUML, we have also made an XMLSchema import), and it would certainly be interesting if we had the opportunity to import other core components.

--
Chair OASIS Business Centric Methodology TC
co-Chair (ISO/TS 15000) ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC