bcm message

Subject: Support Material : Conference call with the CRP Henri Tudor - Project EFFICIENT

Below is the support material that we requested from CRP Henri Tudor . We can discuss it at the next checkpoint meeting.
enjoy
carl

Hi Carl,

        It was a pleasure to speak with you and the BCM group yesterday.  As requested, I have attached some additional information for everyone to review.  If there are any questions please feel free to call or email me for additional information.

Project Description: EFFICIENT is a visual toolset for the planning, design and prototyping of electronic transactions (messages).  The idea is to force business uses to define their e-business environment using UML and to then get them to validate the messages at the transaction level.  Our toolset is composed of three parts: a CASE plug-in for MagicDraw UML that allows for the export of UML activity and class diagrams in XPDL and XML Schema format.  Then we have a workflow engine (WFM Open with an Exist XML database) that manages the model based on the UML models and user defined business rules.  The last part is a web client (Chiba xForms) that allows business users to "play" the model just as if they were in a normal business environment.  For more information (including research papers) please see our site http://efficient.citi.tudor.lu/

         Now, as for reference ontologies for business models.  Most of the work that we did with SWIFT is confidential, however I did find one of our earlier, non-confidential documents and have attached it below.  I would also recommend having a quick look at our site's Research page as it does have one paper entitled "
Towards a Reference Ontology for Business Models".  Some of this work was not incorporated into the EFFICIENT toolset (as it is concerned with the transaction level). However, we do have one additional paper that talks about how our methodology lead to EFFICIENT (specifically what we refer as the chaining of a value network to a transaction dynamics draft - I have attached a simple diagram in a word doc from that report).  I still have to confirm that I can release that doc but it may help you get a better feel for the work that we have done.

        I spoke with two of the engineers that I work with and they were interested in the SOA project that you described.  If possible, I would like to schedule a short conference call with you and them to discuss these topics and to explore areas that are beyond my area of expertise.  Please let me know what would work best for your schedule.

Take care,

Don

Don Martin
Product Manager
Valorization of ICT Innovations
Centre de Recherche Public Henri Tudor
29, avenue John F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg
Phone: +352 42 59 91 813
email: donald.martin@tudor.lu
www.tudor.lu

Chair OASIS Business Centric Methodology TC
co-Chair (ISO/TS 15000) ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC
Ontolog ONION Cop Leader
VP Berkeley Town Underwater Search & Rescue Unit
CEO CHECKMi
vmail (usa) 908 322 8715
CarlMattocks@checkmi.com
www.CHECKMi.com