bcm message

Subject: Fwd: [bcm] Close BCM TC? (BCM is needed NOW more than ever!)

Gentleman:
Are you able to contribute more of your EPR insights to create a formal BCM specification
thanks
Carl

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David RR Webber (XML) <david@drrw.info>
Date: Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 11:41 AM
Subject: RE: [bcm] Close BCM TC? (BCM is needed NOW more than ever!)
To: carl mattocks <carlmattocks@gmail.com>
Cc: McRae <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>, bcm@lists.oasis-open.org

Carl,

Sometimes OASIS work has to go where the "big guys" fear to tread.

The EPR work offers templates for work processes and task cards with an open public standard.

How relevant is this?

Check - iPhone, Android, Sharepoint / InfoPath, Ruby forms, ERP from SAP and Oracle, Facebook - all wonderful people enablers - except - none of them can talk to each other.

Since OASIS now appears to want to see specification production happening every 6 months within a TC - I think we start moving out on this.

Yes - its a big task needing real funding to complete the core XML tasks - but there is much we can do besides - while we sort out that funding.

Suggest we do the "top part" of the specification - Executive Summary, Introduction and initial ToC.  That will keep us "legal" with OASIS - and then six months from now - we can see what resources we have to do the next piece.  You never know - maybe Google Foundation of similar will fund us then and provide some fulltime resources?!?

Rome was not built in a day.

Thanks, DW