bcm message

Subject: Re: Management of CEA-721

Hi Ken,
Regarding SOA superstructures handling Environmental control by UDDI XML modeling technique (mirroring process) the consortium is considering 2 BUS-related standards:

A)  KNX standard (EN 50090,ISO/IEC 14543).
     The KNX standard is administered by the Konnex Association that has merged the 3 Bus standards:
    1) The European Home Systems Protocol (EHS),
    2) BatiBUS,
    3) The European Installation Bus (EIB)

B) ANSI/CEA-721 standard as you know are handling the functional level on a more open way, that is the reason I have  recommend this standard for the Norwegian Authorities( NAV , DIFI etc) and further into EU projects.

We have organized the modeling in 2 important areas where CEA-721 will be in point 2( unfortunately the links are in Norwegian, but the figures you know)
  1. The Superstructure eFolder Engine
  2. The Environmental Control procses server

 As you know an open not for profit standardization organization like OASIS, ANSI/CEA etc that has specified open standards can not commercialize software products based on the standards it self.( In such a case it would be an interest conflict regarding involved companies as we already have seen by many examples over the last years).

Talking about common "traffic rules" in a global perspective regarding interoperating SOA superstructures attached to many underlying legacy and expert systems in the years to come, we need  neutral "instruments" handled by the common society to make fair competition among all vendors dealing with system integration not dominated by a single or few dominating vendors as today.

EPR-forum dealing with super structures using a real SOA based eFolder engine need an open and quality assured   XML-based template processing software in open source.( In general eFolder engine based on the OASIS BCM and CAM standards through OASIS BCM-EPR SC ) .

Because of this we have established the EPR-forum handling different application areas making open source XML-based software available for mutual interest.
We have involved several Norwegian Authorities  and technology neutral institutions and universities as mentioned in earlier mails. The CEA-721 part could be an important contribution to the interoperable SOA approch regarding environmental process control and condition monitoring.

We are also in dialogs with  several  BUS-forums to open up for the needed device mirroring process through semantic webservices technology. ( UDDI, WSDL, SOAP)

The HealthCare project in Drammen with 16 County driven flats for elderly people (mainly dementia patients) is starting up early next year and we are already planning next step in Oslo in the project called Omsorg+ (Care+) involving several suppliers with different BUS-technologies.

The further work on CEA-721 into XML conversion will be handled by OASIS BCM-EPR SC and the EPR-forum. standardization.

Hope this is enough information so far Ken ?

BR
Hans

Kenneth P Wacks skrev:
October 9, 2009

Hi Hans,

I received an inquiry from the chairman of the CEA committee that
manages ANSI/CEA-721, Generic CAL.  He asked, "What is the status
of another organization adopting maintenance of the CEA standards?"

As I explained on September 21, the CEA will be voting on October
20 whether to continue ANSI/CEA-721.  Therefore, I would appreciate
your providing the following information as soon as possible.

1. What is the name of the Norwegian organization that will accept
the CEA offer to manage ANSI/CEA-721?

2. When will this organization be ready to accept the transfer of
responsibility from the CEA?

Your answers may help prevent cancellation of the standard during
the transition to management by your organization.

I look forward to working with you as your project develops.

Sincerely,
Ken

Dr. Kenneth Wacks
Home, Building, & Utility Systems
9 Pinewood Road
Stoneham, Massachusetts 02180, USA

Tel:  +1 781 662-6211
Fax:  +1 781 665-4311
E-mail:  kenn@alum.mit.edu
Website:  www.kenwacks.com

Chair, Editorial Advisory Board, CABA "iHomes & Buildings"
Convener, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC25/WG1, "Home Electronic System"
Co-chair, NIST Home-to-Grid Domain Expert Working Group
Member, GridWise Architecture Council, U.S. Department of Energy

Hans A. Kielland Aanesen
Senior Adviser Semantic Web services
IT & Integration AS www.iti.as

M.Sc. Engineering Cybernetics/ Business Economist
Mobile:    +47 40291180
Address: Storkenebbveien 21, 0860 Oslo, Norway

Co-founder EPR-forum and PSQA alliance (Public Supervision & Quality Assurance)
www.eprforum.org   www.eprforum.no

Co-chair OASIS BCM-EPR SC
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=bcm-epr

Contributor and voting member in OASIS BCM and CAM TC
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=bcm
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=cam
OASIS BCM and CAM has been international SOA standards opening up an enormous potential of new services
http://www.oasis-open.org/news/oasis-news-2006-05-03.php
http://www.oasis-open.org/news/oasis-news-2007-06-19.php