bdx message

Subject: Re: [bdx] Why the OASIS Business Document Exchange TC is importantfor the future of e-business

This is inspirational and visionary stuff.  I also believe that this TC
can contribute a missing piece of the puzzle.

I would like to refine this a little by emphasizing that...

- Establishing trust between service providers
- Addressing recipients and their capabilities between service providers

...can be separated from the transport components...

- Secure and reliable transport between service providers
- Secure and reliable transport between a service provider and an end
customer

And that is one of the strengths of this work - it provides an
addressing mechanism that does not impose a transport mechanism (we have
a few of those already).

Simple, but effective - what standards should be!

begin:vcard
fn:Tim McGrath
n:McGrath;Tim
org:Document Engineering Services Ltd.