bdx message

Subject: Re: [bdx] Why the OASIS Business Document Exchange TC is important for the future of e-business

Hi all,
one of the issues I found from previous experiences is that the recipient
of the four-corner model could be not the effective recipient but just an
intermediary (e.g. a national hub) this reason for profiles like PEPPOL it
takes to have an additional routing specified in the document (or
transport).
Sometime the last mile can be accomplished with a simple email or other
means, but for allowing this final routing it is important to take care of
an additional address.
The Italian Public Administration has this problem because the actual
Participant Identifier (VAT or Fiscal Code) is not sufficient to
electronically identify all their offices.
For those using GLN maybe it is more easy to precisely identify all offices.

Actually my proposal has been to use a different Participant Identifier as
it seems they have another unique ID (called IPA), but there is not such a
scheme ID for that one yet.

So in any case an additional routing address for the effective office
could be a new requirement for BDX.

Hope this helps,

Roberto

> Thank you Tim.
>
> And you are absolutely right about the separation. Re-reading what I
> wrote it could be interpreted such that the BDX TC will solve the
> problem of "secure and reliable transport". That problem has been
> solved before - what BDX will do is to clarify how existing
> specifications of "secure and reliable transport" can be used in the
> 4-corner model.
>

> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 8:19 AM, Tim McGrath
> <tim.mcgrath@documentengineeringservices.com> wrote:
>>
>> This is inspirational and visionary stuff.  I also believe that this TC
>> can contribute a missing piece of the puzzle.
>>
>> I would like to refine this a little by emphasizing that...
>>
>> - Establishing trust between service providers
>> - Addressing recipients and their capabilities between service providers
>>
>> ...can be separated from the transport components...
>>
>> - Secure and reliable transport between service providers
>> - Secure and reliable transport between a service provider and an end
>> customer
>>
>> And that is one of the strengths of this work - it provides an
>> addressing mechanism that does not impose a transport mechanism (we have
>> a few of those already).
>>
>> Simple, but effective - what standards should be!

* JAVEST by Roberto Cisternino
*
* Document Engineering Services Ltd. - Alliance Member
* UBL Italian Localization SubCommittee (ITLSC), co-Chair
* UBL Online Community editorial board member (ubl.xml.org)
* Italian UBL Advisor

  Roberto Cisternino

  mobile: +39 328 2148123
  skype:  roberto.cisternino.ubl-itlsc