bdx message

Subject: RE: [bdx] New version of BDEA uploaded

At 2011-03-30 14:24 +0200, Pim van der Eijk wrote:
>On verbosity:  the ebCore prefix is formally IANA registered
>and there are some rules to it so we were
>not really free in our choice.  But it is not more verbose
>than what many of you are used to as
>UBL users. The root element of any UBL document alone has a
>few hundred characters of namespace
>declarations that use the same OASIS URN namespace.
>
>Here is an excerpt from a sample UBL document:
>
><Order
>xmlns:qdt="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:Qual
>ifiedDatatypes-2"
>
>xmlns:ccts="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:Cor
>eComponentParameters-2"
>
>xmlns:cbc="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:Comm
>onBasicComponents-2"
>
>xmlns:cac="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:Comm
>onAggregateComponents-2"
>
>xmlns:udt="urn:un:unece:uncefact:data:draft:UnqualifiedDataT
>ypesSchemaModule:2"
>
>xmlns="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:Order-2"

></Order>

Noting, though, two important issues:

(1) - the number of characters used for namespaces is irrelevant
since computers are generating documents using tools, authors are not
typing namespace declarations by hand; and

(2) - that the example documents in the UBL 2.0 release had
superfluous namespace declarations that have been cleaned up in UBL 2.1 PRD1:

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/prd1-UBL-2.1/xml/UBL-Order-2.0-Example.xml
   <Order
xmlns:cbc="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CommonBasicCompon
ents-2"
xmlns:cac="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CommonAggregateC
omponents-2"
xmlns="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:Order-2">
   </Order>

--
Contact us for world-wide XML consulting & instructor-led training