bdxr-comment message

Subject: PR comment about conformance

(not sure I sent this to the right liet) PR comment about conformance on:

Business Document Naming and Design Rules Version 1.0

The conformance section is weak in several aspects:

(although there is progress since a very similar conformance section last year for UBL/NDR Envelope, on which we made similar comments)

- The conformance section should clearly include (numbered ) "conformance clause(s)" (TC process: "Committee Specification or OASIS Standard level must include a separate section, listing a set of numbered conformance clauses,...")

- Imprecise reference to normative content: it is not quite explicit what a Rule is, how we can identify these in the document. The conf clause should refer explicitly to either section numbers/titles, or to a list of rule IDs, or to both.

- we should not need to make the conf clause requirements conditional to the “context for which the user is utilizing these rules” as this leaves the door open to how do we decide of this  context of use - not easy to assess in a test suite later on. The rules themselves should include their "context " definition and unambiguous conditions for these. If there are very different situations of usage, then maybe we should have different conformance targets (e.g. an information bundle, a processor) with an appropriate conformance clause for each, and different requirements.

(for more details on conf clause best practices, see conf clause guidelines http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/TCHandbook/ConformanceGuidelines.html )

This e-mail and any attached files are only for the use of its intended recipient(s). Its contents are confidential and may be privileged. Fujitsu does not guarantee that this e-mail has not been intercepted and amended or that it is virus free. If you have received this e-mail and are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by e-mail and destroy all copies of this e-mail and any attachments. / Le présent courriel, ainsi que ses pièces jointes, ne peut être utilisé que par le ou les destinataires auxquels il a été transmis. Les renseignements qu'il contient sont confidentiels, voire même protégés. Fujitsu ne peut garantir que ce courriel n'a pas été intercepté ou modifié, ou qu'il ne contient aucun virus. Si vous avez reçu ce courriel sans en être le destinataire prévu, veuillez communiquer par courriel avec son expéditeur et en détruire toutes les copies et pièces jointes.