bdxr message

Subject: Re: [bdxr] Re: FW: [ebxml-dev] ISO and UN/CEFACT initiate "Open Data Interchange"Framework Technical Report

Yes Kenneth you are correct.  I was talking previously about the ODIF project.  What is more immediately relevant to the BDXR community is the proposed UN/CEFACT project for "Reliable business document exchange across borders".  This was discussed at the last UN/CEFACT Forum and  some ideas have been developed for how UN/CEFACT can provide a UNECE Recommendation that identifies requirements and describes best practices for the use of message handling systems (including digital signatures and strategies for party identification) in cross border scenarios. These cover technical infrastructure issues regarding the trusted electronic exchange of any type of business document.  For those familiar with the work of UN/CEFACT this is how the concepts and development of several Single Windows initiatives were supported through UNECE Recommendations.

This will hopefully take more shape over the next few weeks and I will keep you posted.