OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

bdxr message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of BDXR TC meeting 13 June 2012



Jens Aabol
Kenneth Bengtsson (Chair)
Andrea Caccia
Juan Carlos Cruellas
Pim van der Eijk
Sander Fieten
G. Ken Holman (Observer)
Dale Moberg
Sven Rasmussen


It was discussed that there may be various technical solutions. It was agreed to focus use cases in a functional requirement / user story style ("I as a user wants to be able to..."), and to describe the technical solutions/complexity in the process flow.

It was agreed to use the use case template presented by Kenneth, and to encourage to only gradually fill out the template so as to get an overview of requirements and to be able to consolidate redundant use cases. To begin with we will focus on writing the "Use Case / User Story" and the "Description / Goal" fields only.

It was agreed to use the TC wiki as a collaboration tool for writing the use cases.

Sven and Kenneth will begin writing the use cases for PEPPOL.
Dale will begin writing the use cases for metadata discovery.
Kenneth will contact Susanne to coordinate writing e-CODEX use cases.
Everyone in the TC is encouraged to participate and to contribute.


Kenneth presented a high-level architecture and summarized the use cases and requirements discussed by the TC so far (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/bdxr/document.php?document_id=46268).

Dale noted that it would be more correct and easier to understand if the location registry of metadata services (called "SML" in PEPPOL specifications) were to be named "Metadata Service Locator". Dale’s suggestion was generally agreed upon, though also noted that PEPPOL has 3 years tradition for calling the component "SML".

The recent use case for how gateways can determine how to look up parties registered in more than one Metadata Service Locator was debated. We discussed the possibility of using uri.arpa as a global pointer (registry of registries), and a requirement for participants to be able to register in several BDXR infrastructures using the same party identifier was also discussed. It was agreed to describe the requirements well in a use case and to continue the discussion as part of the general architecture discussion.

It was agreed that the TC starts describing the high-level architecture in a document. Kenneth will start the document and share with the TC. Pim will start describing the "Connect" protocol idea with more detail, and Dale and Roger will together describe corporate aspects.

It was discussed if a business relation between the sending party and the receiving party has always been established prior to the exchange of business documents. We preliminary concluded that even if a business relation has not been established it is still necessary to know the party id of the receiving party.

Jens asked how to control unwanted exchange of business documents such as spam and fraudulent invoices. Pim noted that the idea for the "Connect" protocol includes the use of whitelists and blacklists. Kenneth noted that in the PEPPOL infrastructure this is regulated by a community agreement, under which a gateway can be held responsible and, if necessary excluded from the infrastructure. It was agreed to write one or more use cases covering the question and describe possible solutions in the use cases.


ETSI has accepted to establish liaisons between ETSI ESI and BDXR. Andrea Caccia and Juan Carlos Cruellas have been appointed liaisons officers. Kenneth will update the TC’s public web page accordingly.


June 27 2012, conference call
July 11 2012, conference call
July 25 2012, conference call
August 8 2012, conference call

Face2face meeting expected September 2012 in coordination with UN/CEFACT Plenary.

Kenneth Bengtsson

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]