bdxr message

Subject: Use cases and a proposed "Connect" protocol

Pim, Kenneth,

In reviewing the use cases ahead of our meeting this week, I was recalling your presentation, Pim, on CPP/CPA and “Connect” Protocol.  I’m wondering if we need some additional use cases added to the wiki on the “Connect Protocol”, specifically perhaps as follows (extracted from your presentation):

Connect to a business partner using a message protocol: the registry would serve only to discover the endpoint for the “connect” message, not to retrieve an SMP or CPP

Services to be considered

·         Authorize an identified party (possibly for some subset of services)

·         Obtain profile information from a party (capabilities and/or delivery channels)

·         Provide profile information to a party

·         Publish profile updates to a party

·         Create/terminate a named agreement

I may go ahead and create at least placeholders for such use cases anyhow, but review by or content from you in particular Pim seems like it would be valuable.

Kenneth et al: I’m hoping to get time before the meeting to review the use cases to develop a framework for thinking about overlaps and normalization, perhaps relating to terminology we use, as well as perhaps more granularity on the categorizations.  Thoughts from you or any other TC members on that would also be most welcome.

Roger