bdxr message

Subject: RE: [bdxr] Identifier issues - "DDDS complications"

Hi Roger,

The XRI Wiki’s wiki specification of a DDDS application at least shows that DDDS has previously been considered as a template for metadata discovery services.

The OASIS XRI and XRD projects seemed to have encountered a lot of headwind.

Our approach, so far, sticks to reuse of IETF specifications and approaches, and does not try to “enrich” metadata associated with URIs/IRIs or URNs beyond what has been approved in joint IETF/W3C efforts.

Beyond generalizing to the pattern of a DDDS for service(s) discovery, it is unclear whether XRI/XRD approaches need be leveraged.

The history was full of “sturm und drang.” See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008May/0078  And from the other side http://equalsdrummond.name/2008/06/02/time-for-oasis-xri-tc-and-w3c-tag-to-sit-down-together/

Dale