bdxr message

Subject: Re: [bdxr] Conference call Jan 9 cancelled

Hi Dale,

I am interested in demo of using DDDS for metadata service location discovery!

On the conformance clauses I already have a question which we can discuss on the call or here on the list:

As I read it, this specification for location discovery is more or less a usage profile of DDDS describing how to use DDDS for this specific purpose. So if we talk about implementations that would not refer to software components but more to a complete system. That is because to conform to the described usage the complete system is not only dependent on the DDDS / DNS software compontents but also on the organization to fill in the correct information. So conformance clauses in my view are more about the complete system then on individual components.

Another question I had on this draft is whether we should not be more specific about the content of the DNS records. Like we discussed in Vienna, define a fixed pattern to use.

Regards
Sander

On 22 jan. 2013, at 22:31, Dale Moberg <dmoberg@axway.com> wrote:

I would also hope that the agenda could include a discussion on the conformance sections for the metadata service location draft.

I also can describe a python and a java library that include client side NAPTR query support. I tried running a python 3.3 query script
importing dnspython3-1.10.0 against a bind9 dns server and it behaved as expected. I have not gotten around to the _javascript_. I need TC opinions on what should be illustrated about building a conforming implementation.

Dale Moberg

From: bdxr@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:bdxr@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Pim van der Eijk
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:12 PM
To: 'Kenneth Bengtsson'; bdxr@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: 'Piero De Sabbata'

Hello,

Do we have a call tomorrow?  I did not see an agenda.   Topics that I know are ready to be discussed are my discussion paper and ebMS3/AS4 profiling.

I had mentioned an introduction by Piero de Sabbata to the CEN eBIZ workshop (which is looking at four-corner architecture for B2B in TCF),   since this was not confirmed nor even commented on I am not sure what the views on that are,  but it would be too late for him to prepare anything.

Pim