bdxr message

Subject: Groups - BDX-Location-wd06 uploaded

Submitter's message
The wd-06 version addresses the mainly editorial comments received by our TAB reviewer. It is hoped we can survey the changes of organization and wording. The conformance section has been made more explicit. The abstract has been reworded to make it more obvious what the scope is and how this effort relates to IETF RFC standards track documents which supply most of what is normative (the DNS RR formats, etc.) We have four values, and two patterns for a DNS U-NAPTR field that are "normative." We also discuss special use cases and recommend using these as a guide for situations involving use of non-DNS names for organizations or personal identities... Do we want any of this to be "more normative" than just "recommended"? Let's review our comment disposition and changes. (Working on retrieving a diff for the changes...)
-- Dr. Dale Moberg
Document Name: BDX-Location-wd06

Description
This specification defines service discovery method values for use in DNS
Resource Record service fields. A method is first specified to query and
retrieve a URL for metadata services. Two metadata service types are then
defined. Also an auxiliary method pattern for discovering a registration
service to enable access to metadata services is described. The methods
defined here are instances of the generic pattern defined within IETF RFCs
for Dynamic Delegation Discovery Services (DDDS). This specification
therefore defines DDDS applications for metadata and metadata-registration
services.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Dr. Dale Moberg
Group: OASIS Business Document Exchange (BDXR) TC
Folder: Working Drafts
Date submitted: 2014-02-10 07:55:14