bdxr message

Subject: RE: [bdxr] SMP specification issue

Hi Pim

I will add your observation to the agenda of this week's conference call.

Please see my response to your certificate in a separate email.

Best regards,

Kenneth

From: bdxr@lists.oasis-open.org [bdxr@lists.oasis-open.org] on behalf of Pim van der Eijk [pvde@sonnenglanz.net]
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2015 11:52 AM
To: bdxr@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [bdxr] SMP specification issue

Hi,

The SMP specification has the following text:

3.5 Referencing the SMP REST binding

For referencing the SMP REST binding, for example from Business Document Metadata Service Location records, the following identifier should be used for the version 1.0 of the SMP REST binding:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/bdxr/ns/SMP/2014/07

This is identical to the target namespace of the SMP schema.

I think this intended to state that this URI value is to be used as the value for the app-service field in the U-NAPTR resource record.    Is that correct?
If that is the intention,  then there is the following problem:

According to RFC 4848, which BDXL references,
The app-service and app-protocol tags are limited to 32 characters

The above URI has a length of 46 characters.

Kind Regards,

Pim

P.S.   I would also appreciate any feedback on my smp:Certificate question from two weeks ago.