bdxr message

Subject: Re: [bdxr] Statement of use for BDX SMP 1.0

Hi Pim

I think I might be able to clarify this:

The SMP specification defines an entire protocol for how parties in a network may discover and exchange information about service endpoints and capabilities. The XML schema is one of several components hereof. How I understand Difi's statement of use, they are saying that they are compliant with all elements of the SMP specification, including the structure of the XML schemas but with the one exception that the root namespace used within the XML schema is different from the one used in the SMP specification.

From a validation point of view you are absolutely correct. The XML schema will not validate if the namespace is different. However, from an implementation point of view the namespace is just a string that has to be changed. To my understanding Difi has implemented a complete and fully functional SMP service and are committed to change the namespace string as well (which will immediately give SMP a massive traction).

As I understand the TC Process, a statement of use can be for some and not all conformance clauses of a specification. I will put this on the agenda for our next TC meeting June 10 for the members of the TC to review.

Best regards,

Kenneth

From: Pim van der Eijk
Date: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 7:24 AM
To: "Aabol, Jens", Kenneth Bengtsson

I don't get it.  If the namespace is different,  no single SMP instance served by your server implementation will validate against the OASIS SMP XSD.
So anyone implementing the OASIS SMP XSD using JAXB or similar tools will be unable to process any SMP served by your server implementation.

And unless your client implementation ignores namespaces on XML,  it will not be able to process content obtained from an OASIS SMP XSD compliant server.

Requirement "01" requires complying with "01    XML schemas distributed with this specification in the file bdx-smp-201407.xsd".
It's simply impossible to comply with an XML Schema if the root namespace is different.