bdxr message

Subject: A reference to our BDE by the European Commission

Fellow BDXR committee members,

I am remiss in asking this question that came up in last week's UBL TC teleconference. I was reminded of this after our call tonight.

Here is a quote from the minutes of September 14:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201609/msg00035.html
OTHER BUSINESS

 - the question was asked: Does anyone understand the following quote from
   a European Commission document describing business cases for a new
   standardization group who will make a catalogue of all standards in
   Europe:

    The OASIS Business Document Envelope describes an "envelope" for
    document composed by specific XML vocabulary. In this way it is
    possible to create an acknowledgment of information and useful
    content through semantic syntax. Moreover, to produce business
    messages allowed to be accepted as fully validated transactions,
    the BMP standard had to be joined by all the national applications.

   - is BMP the "Business Messaging Protocol", and if so, does anyone know
     about this?

Perhaps someone on the BDXR committee is familiar with this EC claim of the use of our BDE. Can anyone comment?

Thanks!

Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training @US$45: http://goo.gl/Dd9qBK |
Crane Softwrights Ltd. _ _ _ _ _ _ http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
G Ken Holman _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |