bdxr message

Subject: Re: [bdxr] Agenda for Atlantic BDXR TC call 24 June 2020 15:00UTC

Hello,

Not active in this TC for a while but the following caught my eye:

On 24-06-2020 09:51, Kenneth Bengtsson wrote:

Discussed that the hostname to look up the NAPTR record (commonly done as âB-[MD5 hash of participant ID]â) should be standardized.

I disagree that this needs standardization if only because it would unnecessarily break compatibility for existing users, e.g. eDelivery BDXL, which dropped the addition of the "B-" prefix (redundant as not needed for DNS records of this type and potentially problematic for some DNS server backends) and uses a different hashing algorithm.

Thanks,

Pim