OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

bdxr message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic BDXR TC call 24 June 2020 15:00UTC

Minutes of Atlantic BDXR TC call 24 June 2020 15:00UTC


Atlantic: 10:00MSP/10:00Lima/11:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/17:00Europe




Todd Albers

Kenneth Bengtsson (chair)

Ger Clancy

Ken Holman

Dennis Weddig




Sander Fieten

Philip Helger


Standing items


Review of Pacific call minutes



Review of Atlantic call minutes



Membership status review



Voting status is determined by the following:

existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to maintain voting status

non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain voting status

members formally on leave by prior request must not attend and their voting status is not impacted


Current BDXR TC voting member list (alphabetical):


-   Todd Albers

-   Kenneth Bengtsson

-   Erlend Klakegg Bergheim

-   Ger Clancy

-   Sander Fieten

-   Philip Helger

-   Ken Holman

-   Levine Naidoo

-   Matt Vickers

-   Dennis Weddig


SMP 2.0


SMP 2.0 Committee Specification 02 has been approved and published: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/bdxr/202001/msg00009.html


Status of Statements of Use:

-   Difi (OpenPEPPOL?)

-   IBM

-   Philip Helger


-   Sander Fieten

-   Business Payments Coalition

-   Efact


Requirements: https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/oasis-defined-terms-2018-05-22#dStatementUse


Kenneth and Erlend will set up SMP test servers and share sample participant and service IDs with Sander and Philip for interoperability testing.


Exchange Header Envelope (XHE)


Project status


From the original project description: https://uncefact.unece.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=13173158



-   A technical specification based on the current version of SBDH and BDE

o  Status: Done

o  https://docs.oasis-open.org/bdxr/xhe/v1.0/cs02/xhe-v1.0-cs02-oasis.html

-   Proof of concept reports / Statements of Use

o  Status: Done (see statements of use below)

-   Migration guidelines

o  Status: Done

o  https://docs.oasis-open.org/bdxr/xhe-migration/v1.0/xhe-migration-v1.0.html


The CEFACT/BDXR project team is meeting tomorrow at 14:00 CEST.


Agreed to voting next week on statements of use and, if statements of use are approved, submitting XHE 1.0 as Candidate OASIS Standard.


Candidate statements of use

-   ph-xhe: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/bdxr/202006/msg00015.html

-   IBM: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/bdxr/202006/msg00017.html

-   Efact: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/bdxr/202006/msg00016.html


Definition and requirements for statements of use: https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/oasis-defined-terms-2018-05-22#dStatementUse


XHE 1.1


Requirements and feature requests for XHE 1.1 can be found here: https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=15972




BDXL administration API


Proposal from Erlend: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/bdxr/201905/msg00015.html


There have been discussions within Peppol regarding requirements for the BDXL Administration API. Sander will reach out to the involved participants to gather further requirements.


Agreed that the updated BDXL 1.1 specification will mention the BDXL Administration API and its features for updating and maintaining BDXL records.


Discussed that the BDXL Administration API could include a section for how to update a primary BDXL in a federated model.


BDXL 1.1


Starter document received from OASIS: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/bdxr/202002/msg00015.html


Discussed that the hostname to look up the NAPTR record (commonly done as âB-[MD5 hash of participant ID]â) should be standardized.


Federated BDXL


Agreed that the TC will work on a framework/specification for BDXL network federation. Both Peppol and the Business Payment Coalition are working towards federated BDXL designs.


BPC rationale is to create competition among several BDXL service providers, allowing network participants to freely choose among available services. All BDXL services will offer similar and compatible services.

Requirements: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/bdxr/202006/msg00003.html


Peppol is looking at delegating control of different participant identifier schemes to different SML services, as well as possibly separating groups of participants based on their ID. There would be an algorithm that enables APs to locate the appropriate SML service based on the a calculation of the participant identifier. Part of the rationale is that the transactional footprint on the current SML has increased with the addition of DNSSEC, and grouping participants into different SML services is a strategy for distributing the load.


Discussion paper for multiple registration services with only one DNS provider: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/bdxr/202006/msg00003.html


Discussed that in DNS, zone changes are replicated from primary DNS to secondary DNS services through zone transfers and that the update of primary DNS services can be done using DNS Update: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2136


Sander and Kenneth had a meeting to come up with a proposal for an architectural drawing of a federated BDXL model within the complete 4-corner network, and will share with the TC.


Discussed that the BDXL could/should hold information about the current registrar service of a given participant, so that BDXL and registrar services can prevent unauthorized updates of participant identifiers registered through a different registrar service.


Still need to have a discussion about authorization/registration service and how it could be supported in BDXL. Sander will give a walkthrough at a later meeting.


TC conference call schedule


Agreed to hold weekly Atlantic meetings until further notice. Pacific calls will continue to be held biweekly and will follow the current schedule.


Face-to-face meeting

Should we schedule online work sessions to replace the face-to-face meeting?


Call schedule



-  Pacific: No call

-   Atlantic: 10:00MSP/10:00Lima/11:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/17:00Europe


-   Pacific: 17:00MSP/17:00Lima/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney

-   Atlantic: 10:00MSP/10:00Lima/11:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/17:00Europe


-  Pacific: No call

-   Atlantic: 10:00MSP/10:00Lima/11:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/17:00Europe


-   Pacific: 17:00MSP/17:00Lima/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney

-   Atlantic: 10:00MSP/10:00Lima/11:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/17:00Europe


-  Pacific: No call

-   Atlantic: 10:00MSP/10:00Lima/11:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/17:00Europe


-   Pacific: 17:00MSP/17:00Lima/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney

-   Atlantic: 10:00MSP/10:00Lima/11:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/17:00Europe


-  Pacific: No call

-   Atlantic: 10:00MSP/10:00Lima/11:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/17:00Europe


-   Pacific: 17:00MSP/17:00Lima/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney

-   Atlantic: 10:00MSP/10:00Lima/11:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/17:00Europe


-  Pacific: No call

-   Atlantic: 10:00MSP/10:00Lima/11:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/17:00Europe


-   Pacific: 17:00MSP/17:00Lima/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney

-   Atlantic: 10:00MSP/10:00Lima/11:00Ottawa/15:00UTC/17:00Europe


Other business




[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]